Poochie Mama Hawaii Collars are sleek in design and made to fit your dog precisely without a bulky adjuster or extra overlapping material.
Personal Best Fit Collar Measurement
We have found that a "perfect fitting dog collar" is more of a personal point of view rather than a specific way of measuring. While some like a tighter fit, others prefer a roomy fit or something in-between.
Our goal is to make this step easy and accurate. So here are our instructions for determining how to measure for your personal preference.
1. Wrap a string or ribbon around the dog's neck (not yarn or metal tape measure).
2. Adjust it to the length you want the finished collar to be. (This includes the buckle.)
For your dog's safety the collar should not be loose enough to slip over the
pet's head, or so tight as to restrict breathing or cause coughing.
3. Measure the string or ribbon, rounding up to the nearest 1/2"
4. Use this number on the order page in the Exact Measured Neck Size drop down menu.
* This sleek, modern collar is non-adjustable and custom made specifically to the size ordered. Please measure carefully being sure not to guess, estimate or assume the size. Might even want to measure twice -:)
Using the drop down Neck Size menu on the collar ordering page, check off the size you measured.
This WILL BE THE SIZE OF YOUR FINISHED COLLAR INCLUDING THE BUCKLE.
MEASURE TWICE TO BE SURE! :-)